Arthritis can cause a great deal of pain and disability.
This leads to limiting activities you love at a point in life when you should be able to reap the rewards of many years of work.
Arthritis pain may even affect sleep.
The most common treatments for arthritis often don’t work:
- rest and avoidance of activities that provoke pain
- non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- arthroscopic debridement (shown to be only as effective as sham surgery)
- Physical Therapy
- Total Knee Replacement (with 1/4 chance of chronic pain)
What else can I do for arthritis pain?
One of the most exciting new advances in the treatment of arthritis is the isolation of a protein called Alpha 2 Macroglobulin. This is a protein that is able to stop the progression of arthritis and relieve pain.
Alpha 2 Macroglobulin (A2M) is a large protein we all have in our blood. It is made in the liver, and found in relatively high concentrations in plasma, but very low concentrations in joints. A2M can stop arthritis and can give patients significant pain relief.
There is a test, called the FAC test, that can reveal if A2M can help you.
There is also data to suggest injections of A2M in a painful disc, may relieve back pain.
THE PROCEDURE FOR USING ALPHA 2 MACROGLOBULIN TO STOP ARTHRITIS PAIN
Unlike surgery, using A2M to stop arthritis pain does not require anesthesia. It does not require painful incisions and long recovery time. It does not expose patients to high risks of blood clots, bleeding and hospital time.
The procedure for the use of A2M is actually quite simple and relatively pain free.
First the patient comes in for an evaluation, and in many cases an FAC test is done.
Then the patient is brought to the office and a small needle is used to draw blood which is then centrifuged and filtered.
The portion of plasma remaining contains high concentrations of A2M and is then directed into the appropriate joint using ultrasound or fluoroscopic guidance.
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin can relieve knee arthritis pain!
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin can relieve hip arthritis pain!
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin can relieve shoulder arthritis pain!
- Alpha 2 Macroglobulin is also being evaluated for use in other joints, such as with chronic hand and finger arthritis, foot arthritis, and in the treatment of ARTHRITIS of THE SPINE!
Why hasn’t my surgeon told me about A2M?
The use of Alpha 2 Macroglobulin is relatively new and most surgeons are unaware of the potential it holds. Some surgeons may be hesitant to offer this option because they would rather do surgery.
The process of using this protein also requires training and experience and an understanding of which patients will respond best.
At Southcoast Regenerative Medicine, we have that experience and training, we can help!
If you are suffering from hip or knee arthritis, or any arthritic condition take steps now to relieve your pain:
- SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
- HAVE A SHORT, ALMOST PAIN FREE PROCEDURE
- BEGIN YOUR NEW, LESS PAINFUL, LIFE!