PRP effectively treats hair loss in men and women
Can Regenerative Medicine Cure Hair Loss?
The physicians and staff at UCLA Medical Center believe so, and the physicians from the hit TV show “The Doctors”, particulary Dr. Jennifer Ashton, believe it as well.
What is PRP?
Regenerative Medicine is an idea that has been present many decades, but in reality this specialty began in the 1980s and 90s with the use of Platelet Rich Plasma. Researchers recognized that PRP has healing properties linked to cytokines and growth factors. We now realize that PRP also has the potential to activate stem cells”.
Can Stem Cells and PRP grow hair?
Embryonic Stem Cells have the theoretical potential to become any cell. As adults we no longer have embryonic stem cells, but we do have Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Stem cells from ectoderm and endoderm that have the potential to grow into different cells. These stem cells can regenerate tissue that is injured or diseased, and this includes skin and hair follicles.
UCLA Medical Center is a premier institution in our country now using PRP in the treatment of male and female pattern baldness. Additionally, many positive research papers have been published on this topic and there are many satisfied patients who have had this treatment for hair loss. One of those patients is Dr. Jennifer Ashton, from the hit TV show THE DOCTORS. She had hair loss and credits PRP with growing new hair.
See her story below:
Does research support hair growth with stem cell and prp?
Research papers do indeed support the use of PRP for hair growth. Some citations from papers are listed:
- “Overall, the use of PRP injections in patients with androgenic alopecia seems effective with respect to promoting lost hair regrowth, decreasing hair loss and increasing hair thickness. The effects appear to be progressive from the first injection session, to peak after 3 to 5 sessions and to be attenuated in the absence of further injections. No major adverse effect was reported in the 14 clinical studies.”
- “Our data clearly highlight the positive effects of PRP injections on male pattern hair loss and absence of major side effects. PRP may serve as a safe and effective treatment option against hair loss; more extensive controlled studies are needed.”
- “Hair loss reduced with evidence of new hair growth. Digital image analysis showed an overall improvement in hair density and quality as lanugo-like hair became thicker, normal hair. An improvement in hair density, quality and thickness on trichoscopy was noted.”
- “Our data suggest that PRP injections have therapeutic effect on male pattern hair loss with no major side effects and high patient satisfaction overall.”
- “This review found beneficial effects of PRP on androgenic alopecia.”
Major Medical Institutions like UCLA offer prp for hair growth
UCLA Medical Center is one of the institutions offering this treatment for their patients. Below is a lecture on the process, given by one of their staff physicians.
Is the use of PRP for hair growth difficult?
In addition to having laboratory and clinical evidence behind the use of PRP for baldness, the use of PRP in the treatment of hair loss is associated with almost no side effects. PRP is simply a portion of the patients own blood that is derived via centrifugation after a blood sample is drawn. There is little risk involved since this comes from the patient. The procedure is rapid, with minimal pain, and the results are validated.
Are you a man or woman losing your hair? Does it cause a lack of self confidence? Are you ready to do something about it?
We at Southcoast Regenerative Medicine are excited to offer PRP for hair loss. If this is something that might help you or a friend, please come see us today and let us guide you through this simple procedure.
TAKE YOUR FIRST STEPS NOW
- SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
- LET US EXPLAIN THE USE OF PRP IN HAIR LOSS AND EVALUATE YOUR NEEDS
- HAVE A SHORT, SIMPLE, NON-SURGICAL PROCEDURE
- IN A FEW SHORT WEEKS NOTICE YOUR OWN HAIR GROWTH AND BEGIN YOUR NEW LIFE