No doubt you have heard of PRP!
Platelet Rich Plasma was early on used in dental procedures for healing, and later for tennis elbow and epicondylitis.
BUT IS PRP FOR SEX TOO?……Yep!
Dr. Charles Runnels has pioneered the P shot for men and the O shot for women. The idea of each is increased blood flow to the penis and clitoris. These treatments are incredibly simple, painless, and have shown great promise in aiding in sexual pleasure. The O Shot may decrease urinary incontinence in women, without the surgeries and complications associated.
What is PRP and how does it help?
PRP is simply a fraction of your blood. But that fraction has a variety of growth factors and cytokines to nurture tissue health.
These factors include:
- IGF Insulin-like growth factor
- PDEGF (platelet derived epidermal growth factor)
- PDGF (platelet derived growth factor)
- TGF (transforming growth factor)
- ECGF (endothelial cell growth factor)
- VECF (vascular endothelial growth factor)
- bFGF (fibroblast growth factor)
- and many more
These factors help in the following ways:
- decreasing autoimune function
- new vessel growth
- larger adipocytes that multiply
- collagen production
- new nerves
- new fibroblasts
- better glandular function
So What does all this mean? What applications are best suited for PRP?
PRP has been shown to be effective in a variety of conditions. The most common are golfer’s and tennis elbow, but there are many more including:
- Tendonitis, like achilles (ankle) and patella (knee)
- Major joint arthritis (knee, hip arthritis)
- Partial rotator cuff tear
- Plantar fasciitis (foot pain)
- Hair loss (see video with Dr. Jennifer Ashton from “The Doctors” TV show)
- Vampire facials for better skin
- Scar tissue
- Treatment of lichen sclerosus
- Treatment of dypareunia (pain in vagina with sex)
- Peyronie’s disease in men
- Erectile dysfuntion
- Stress incontinence in women
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Nerve repair
- sexual dysfunction in women
The Truth about PRP
PRP is proving to be helpful in a variety of applications. It has shown incredible promise, and along with Bone Marrow Concentrate, is the cornerstone of biologic treatments for musculoskeletal disease today.
PRP is less expensive than many other options and has almost no risk. The cells (coming from the patient themselves) are very unlikely to cause problems. The use of PRP in sexual dysfunction, cosmetics and hair loss is a reasonable extension of its use in dental and orthopedic procedures. PRP is an incredible, safe, reliable product that harnesses the bodies own healing powers, and can fix a variety of problems.
No doubt, in the future, we will see a greater use of PRP in even more applications.